Somatic Cell Count Test【MILK DOCTOR SCC DUNK®】
The Somatic Cell Count (SCC) is a main indicator of milk quality. The majority of somatic cells are leukocytes (white blood cells) - which become present in increasing numbers in milk usually as an immune response to a mastitis-causing pathogen - and a small number of epithelial cells, which are milk-producing cells shed from inside of the udder when an infection occurs.
MILK DOCTOR SCC DUNK® is detectable white blood cells mainly and get the result in 5 minutes. It is applicable to individual, or commingled cow milk samples to Monitor cows with subclinical and clinical mastitis and milk quality.
- Product: MILK DOCTOR SCC DUNK
- Purpose: Screening Test Kit for neutrophils in individual and bulk milk
- Targeted Users: Dairy Farmers, Dairy Inspectors
- KIT COMPONENTS: 40 TESTS／kit
40 test Strips
1 Instruction (this leaflet)
1 Color chart
1 Negative control teststrip
- Sensitivity & Color reaction：
Low: 100,000 to 200,000 grayish slightly white
Moderate: 300,000 to 400,000 light blue
High: more than 500,000 dark blue
- Dipping Time to Milk: 5 seconds
- Reaction time: 5 to 6 minutes at Room Temperature in summer and 6 to 8 minutes in winter
- Reaction Temperature of Milk: Form Room Temperature to 40℃
It is no problem with using milk of room temperature, but it is more obviously color reaction by warming milk.
- Most Suitable Temperature for Reaction: 25℃ and more.
- Milk Sample: Fresh milk 〜milk with 4 days from milking can be detected （For 1 to 4 days milk sample, it should be refrigerated）
- Shelf Life: 18 months from manufacturing *Tentatively 12 months and it will be extended about 6 months later
- Storage: Room Temperature（Lower than 40℃）
How to Use
Dip the kit to the milk sample for 5 - 10 seconds
Put the kit horizontally and leave it for 5 minutes
Estimate the numeric SCC level with attached color chart
Example of Reaction（5 minutes）
Comparison with Cell Counter (x1000)
Remarks for Use
- Test should be done at the temperature of higher than 20℃ (around 25℃ is recommended).
Test at cold temperature does not show the correct result (But in case of milk sample with around 38℃, test can be done.)
- Sample should be as fresh as possible although old milk (4 days passed) can be tested
- If the paper pad of the kit is wetted before use, there is the possibility of getting wrong result.
- Separately from the test result by this kit, confirmatory test by official method should be implemented.
- In case color reaction is caused, it is supposed the level of somatic cell count is high but final judgment should be done by official method.
*This test is intended to use as voluntary test for screening.
- In case pH of milk sample is less than 5.0 or the size of fat particle is more than 25μ, some effects on the test result might be occurred.
- Leaflet DOWNLOAD PDF
AR Brown Co., Ltd Specialty Chemical dep
Agri Food safety FCF team
Ginza Mitsui Bldg., 13-1, Ginza 8-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061