Somatic Cell Count Testy MILK DOCTOR SCC DUNK®z
The Somatic Cell Count (SCC) is a main indicator of milk quality. The majority of somatic cells are leukocytes (white blood cells) - which become present in increasing numbers in milk usually as an immune response to a mastitis-causing pathogen - and a small number of epithelial cells, which are milk-producing cells shed from inside of the udder when an infection occurs.
MILK DOCTOR SCC DUNK® is detectable white blood cells mainly and get the result in 5 minutes. It is applicable to individual, or commingled cow milk samples to Monitor cows with subclinical and clinical mastitis and milk quality.
- Product: MILK DOCTOR SCC DUNK
- Purpose: Screening Test Kit for neutrophils in individual and bulk milk
- Targeted Users: Dairy Farmers, Dairy Inspectors
- KIT@COMPONENTS: 40 TESTS^kit
40 test Strips
1 Instruction (this leaflet)
1 Color chart
- Sensitivity & Color reactionF
Blank: slightly yellowish white
Under 100,000: slightly grayish blue
200,000 to 300,000: light blue or blue
400,000 to 500,000 over: dark blue
- Dipping Time to Milk: 5 seconds
- Reaction Time: 5 to 6 minutes at Room Temperature
- Reaction Temperature of Milk: Form Room Temperature to 40
- Most Suitable Temperature for Reaction: 25 more or less. (In case of milk sample with 39, it can be reacted at cold temperature)
- Milk Sample: Fresh milk `milk with 4 days from milking can be detected iFor 1 to 4 days milk sample, it should be refrigeratedj
- Shelf Life: 18 months from manufacturing *Tentatively 12 months and it will be extended about 6 months later
- Storage: Room TemperatureiLower than 40j
How to Use
Dip the kit to the milk sample for 5 - 10 seconds
Put the kit horizontally and leave it for 5 minutes
Estimate the numeric SCC level with attached color chart
Example of Reactioni5 minutesj
Comparison with Cell Counter (x1000)
Remarks for Use
- Test should be done at the temperature of higher than 20 (around 25 is recommended).
Test at cold temperature does not show the correct result (But in case of milk sample with around 38, test can be done.)
- Sample should be as fresh as possible although old milk (4 days passed) can be tested
- If the paper pad of the kit is wetted before use, there is the possibility of getting wrong result.
- Separately from the test result by this kit, confirmatory test by official method should be implemented.
- In case color reaction is caused, it is supposed the level of somatic cell count is high but final judgment should be done by official method.
*This test is intended to use as voluntary test for screening.
- In case pH of milk sample is less than 5.0 or the size of fat particle is more than 25Ê, some effects on the test result might be occurred.
- Leaflet DOWNLOAD PDF
AR Brown Co., Ltd@Specialty Chemical dep
Agri Food safety FCF team
Ginza Mitsui Bldg., 13-1, Ginza 8-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061